2nd Annual Bellingham Ruck
March 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-8$20 – $35
Are you planning a thru-hike?
Are you interested in learning new backpacking skills?
Then join PNTA and ALDHA-West for a fun day of: backpacking presentations, break-out Q & A sessions, and community panel discussions on all things long-distance hiking at the second annual ALDHA-West Ruck in Bellingham!
Each year, the American Long Distance Hiking Association-West brings together a diverse group of hikers for a series of fun backpacking clinics, called “Rucks” across the Western States. The mission of ALDHA-West is to inspire, educate and promote fellowship among long distance hikers and those who support long distance hiking. Rucks help fulfill this three part mission; first time backpackers and experienced thru-hikers come together for a full day of hiking-themed fun, education, and fellowship.
Register for the second annual ALDHA-West Ruck, at aldhawest.org. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are included. Register soon to receive a collectible 16oz Hydro Flask tumbler — while supplies last — at the door.
ALDHA-West members – $20.00
PNTA Members – $25.00
Registration code required. Contact us for more information.
Non-member Ticket – $35.00
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- The Pacific Northwest Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail and other popular long trails in the Western States
- Backpacking safely and responsibly in bear country
- Navigating difficult terrain
- Leave No Trace outdoor ethics
- Injury prevention and expectation management
- Resupply and nutrition strategies
- UL and lightweight gear
- Social opportunities and much more