- This event has passed.
Abercrombie Mountain Trail Work Party
June 25 @ 8:00 am - June 28 @ 5:00 pm PDTFree
Trails: Abercrombie Mountain TR 117
Location: Colville National Forest – Three Rivers District
Difficulty: Difficult (hike length)
Length: up to 6-8 hours per day
Spots Available: 4 Spots Per Trip
Dates: Thursday, June 25th – Sunday, June 28th
Register by: Monday, June 22nd
Assisting with log out may involve:
- Helping to carry a tool
- “Swamping”— toss/disperse the limbs and log sections cut by the sawyers*
- Maintaining corridor width — using a handsaw to thin saplings and prune limbs, or loppers to trim back brush
- Maintaining/repairing the surface of the tread and its drainage features
(* Note: Only certified PNTA and BCH sawyers may operate chainsaws in service to the National Forest.)
For a full weekend adventure, arrive Thursday afternoon and depart Sunday afternoon. Meals will be provided for volunteers that join us for the full weekend.
Need to arrive later, or depart sooner? Let us know when you register.
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kameron Walton and Sidney Scarlett
- Rendezvous: Silver Creek Campground – Thursday, July 11th at 6 pm
- Hike Length: up to 10 miles a day
- Trip Length: 1-4 days
- Camping: Tent camping available w/ PNTA crew at semi-developed Silver Creek Campground
- FAQ about Volunteer Work Parties
- Volunteer Trail Steward Agreement
- More information about volunteering with PNTA
- No prior trail stewardship experience required.
- Bring 3-4 liters of water-carrying capacity and lunch for each day on the trail.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, and layered clothing: long pants, and long sleeve shirts.
- The PNTA will provide tools and PPE: safety glasses, hard hats, gloves, ear plugs (if applicable)
HOW TO APPLY
Please register by Monday, July 6th
- Fill out a Volunteer Agreement, and be sure to tell us which event/s you are interested in.
- For participants younger than age-18, please complete a Guardian Release form.
- A PNTA representative will contact you to confirm your registration for a work party.
- The project leader will email you a Project Fact Sheet with more information and any updates.