Get Out Fest Trail Work Party
June 25 @ 9:00 am - June 26 @ 5:00 pm PDTFree
Trail: Sherman Pass Trail 082
Location: Colville National Forest – Three Rivers District
Length: 6-8 hours per day
Spots Available: 4 Spots Per Trip
Dates: Thursday, June 25th and Friday, June 26th
Register by: Monday, June 22nd
Volunteer and earn a free day pass ticket to Get Out Fest!
Join our volunteer crew for the day and help maintain the Sherman Pass Trail near Republic, Washington. This project is perfect for anyone new to trail work. PNTA crew leaders will provide on-site training and guidance during the event.
Volunteers will help our crew improve trail conditions and protect water quality in the Kettle River Range by reconstructing and maintaining trail surfaces, drainage systems, and crossing structures.
Volunteers at this work party will earn a free day pass ticket to Get Out Fest! Get Out Fest is a dynamic, community-led outdoor recreation & culture festival held at the Ferry County Fairgrounds, June 26th – 28th.
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kameron Walton and Zac Skees
- Rendezvous: Sherman Overlook – Thursday and Friday, June 25th at 9am
- Hike Length: Up to 5 miles a day
- Trip Length: day trips
- Camping: Semi-developed campgrounds are in the area, including fully-developed campsites at Get Out Fest.
- FAQ about Volunteer Work Parties
- Volunteer Trail Steward Agreement
- More information about volunteering with PNTA
- No prior trail stewardship experience required.
- Bring 3-4 liters of water-carrying capacity and lunch for each day on the trail.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, and layered clothing: long pants, and long sleeve shirts.
- The PNTA will provide tools and PPE: safety glasses, hard hats, gloves, ear plugs (if applicable)
HOW TO APPLY
Please register by Monday, June 22nd
- Fill out a Volunteer Agreement, and be sure to tell us which event/s you are interested in.
- For participants younger than age-18, please complete a Guardian Release form.
- A PNTA representative will contact you to confirm your registration for a work party.
- The project leader will email you a Project Fact Sheet with more information and any updates.