- This event has passed.
Mt Zion Trail Work Party
July 13 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm PDTFree
Trails: Mt. Zion Trail #607 and Sleepy Hollow #852
Location: Olympic National Forest – Hood Canal RD
Dates: July 13
Length: 6 Hours
Spots Available: N/A
No prior experience is required for this project
The PNTA will lead volunteers in a day of work on the Mt. Zion and Sleepy Hollow Trails. Folks will brush and logout in both directions from the shared trailhead. Tread work and structure maintenance can happen as needed.
The project is rated easy and will have options for all abilities. There may be opportunities to use crosscut saws, to develop trail scouting skills with the PNTA’s “trail eyes” program, or to work in a support/ coordination capacity.
Notes: No prior experience is required for this project. Volunteers must have daypack, lunch and water. Trailhead parking may be limited. We will rendezvous at Discovery Bay Outdoor Exchange. Refreshments will be served after at DBOE.
- Project Leader/s: PNTA
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Rendezvous Point/s: Discovery Bay Outdoor Exchange
- Hike Length: 0-5 Miles
- Trip Length: 9am – 3pm (refreshments and socializing after)
- Camping: camping is available on the Olympic National Forest
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2018
- FAQ about Volunteer Work Parties
- Volunteer Trail Steward Application
- Volunteer Agreement
- More information about volunteering with PNTA
- Rendezvous at Disco Bay Outdoor Exchange, 282332 US-101, Port Townsend WA 98368
- Drive west on Lords Lake Loop Road off US-101
- Continue 11 miles to the Mt. Zion/Sleepy Hollow Trailhead
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out a Volunteer Trail Steward Application. (If you have already submitted an application, proceed to step 2)
- Fill out a Volunteer Work Party Agreement, and be sure to tell us which event/s you are interested in.
- A PNTA representative will contact you to confirm your registration for a work party.
- The project leader will email you a Project Fact Sheet with more information and any updates.