- This event has passed.
Taylor Ridge Trail Work Party
June 11 - June 14Free
Trail: Taylor Ridge Trail 074
Location: Colville National Forest – Three Rivers Ranger District
Difficulty: Intermediate (due to hike length)
Length: 6-8 hours per day
Spots Available: 4 Spots Per Trip
Dates: Thursday, June 11th – Sunday, June 14th
Register by: Monday, June 8th
Our volunteer trail crew will use hand tools and teamwork to improve trail conditions on the Taylor Ridge Trail near the PNT and the iconic Kettle Crest. Join us to help protect water quality in the Kettle River Range by: reconstructing and maintaining trail surfaces, drainage systems, and crossing structures. We will also reinforce trail closures by placing aggregate to reduce surface erosion and remove downed trees* to prevent erosion from captured runoff and user-generated walk-arounds.
Join us for a three-day weekend on Thursday evening and stay through Sunday. If you need to arrive later or sooner, please let us know when you register. No experience necessary. PNTA crew leaders will provide training and guidance.
* Note: Only certified sawyers are permitted to operate chainsaws in service to National Forests.
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kristin Ackerman and Matthew Stenger
- Rendezvous: Thursday, June 11th, 6pm at the Deer Creek Campground
- Hike Length: Up to 10 miles a day
- Trip Length: Weekend: 2-4 days with shorter trips available upon request
- Camping: Tent camping available w/ PNTA crew at a semi-developed campground. (Water is limited.)
- FAQ about Volunteer Work Parties
- Volunteer Trail Steward Agreement
- More information about volunteering with PNTA
- No prior trail stewardship experience required.
- Bring 3-4 liters of water-carrying capacity and lunch for each day on the trail.
- Wear closed-toe shoes, and layered clothing: long pants, and long sleeve shirts.
- The PNTA will provide tools and PPE — safety glasses, hard hats, gloves, ear plugs (if applicable)
HOW TO APPLY
Please register by Monday, June 8th
- Fill out a Volunteer Agreement, and be sure to tell us which event/s you are interested in.
- For participants younger than age-18, please complete a Guardian Release form.
- A PNTA representative will contact you to confirm your registration for a work party.
- The project leader will email you a Project Fact Sheet with more information and any updates.