- This event has passed.
Wolf Trails System – Trail Work Party
May 26 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm UTC-7Free
Trail: Wolf Trails System
Location: Colville National Forest – Newport Ranger District
Length: 4 hours
Spots Available: 5 (including a chaperone)
No prior experience is required for this project.
Join a professional trail crew for part of a day to learn the basics of trail stewardship and develop your “trail eyes”.
Help us safeguard trail users by lending a hand with clearing the understory around the new Lower Wolf parking lot, and where the trail crosses the highway. Help us preserve the outdoor experience by collecting litter.
Additional trail maintenance tasks may be implemented by trail crew leaders, who will provide training and supervision. Hand tools and personal protective equipment will be provided.
Please wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, and long sleeve shirts. No prior trail stewardship experience required. Bring water, as well as snacks or a sack lunch for a midday break.
- Project Organizer: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leaders: Forest Reeves & Mike Postal
- Rendezvous Point: Lower Wolf Trailhead
- Trail Length: < 1 mile
- Trip Length: 10am – 2pm
- Camping: N/A
- PNTA Last Worked Here: May 2019
Lower Wolf Trailhead located on North Warren Avenue/ Ashenfelter Bay Road.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out a Volunteer Trail Steward Application. (If you have already submitted an application, proceed to step 2)
- Fill out a Volunteer Work Party Agreement, and be sure to tell us which event/s you are interested in.
- A PNTA representative will contact you to confirm your registration for a work party.
- The project leader will email you a Project Fact Sheet with more information and any updates.