Date(s): 05/21/2021 - 05/22/2021
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- All crew member spots have been filled; wait list only
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: Adults
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0-3 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party, Training & Certification Event
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Training Event, Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
Join the PNTA for a two-day sawyer training and certification event, in partnership with our friends at the Back Country Horsemen of Washington.
Volunteers will get hands-on practice with chainsaws and crosscut saws while clearing the Mill Pond trail system: Sullivan Creek 565, Mill Pond South 550, Mill Pond Flume 520, Flood Plain Loop 523.
Following group instruction, saw-certification is a one-on-one evaluation process that takes place between instructors and students. Volunteers are encouraged to assist PNTA crew leaders with trail maintenance while waiting for their turn for an evaluation.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack camp gear and supplies (if you overnight), and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See also: Virtual Sawyer Training Primer
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Back Country Horsemen of Washington
- Trip Time: up to 8 hrs, daily + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Historic Mill Pond Day Use Area
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is not included with this trip, but is available at multiple sites nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions