Date(s) - 06/03/2021 - 06/06/2021
7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Silver Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults;16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
Help celebrate National Trails Day by joining PNTA for a day of trail stewardship on Abercrombie Mountain, June 3rd-6th. It’s always worth the trip to visit this spot on the PNT. The views and wildflower displays on the draw visitors from near and far!
Volunteers are welcome to help out for a few hours or the entire weekend to help get this beautiful stretch of the PNT in shape for visitors this season.
Camping and meals are included (optional) for multi-day volunteers. To help us celebrate National Trails Day, we’ll set a place at the table for any day-trip participants who’d like to stick around for supper, too!
No trail crew experience is necessary for this event. Volunteer “swampers” will work with a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and removing cut branches from the trail corridor. We can also spot-maintain the tread, clear drains, and prune back brush along the way. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 7 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Silver Creek Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff at the semi-developed Silver Creek campground.
- Directions: See Location for directions