Date(s): 06/03/2021 - 06/06/2021
7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Silver Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Construction
Volunteers will help PNTA crew leaders service the South Fork Silver Creek Trail. With your help we will repair tread, clear drains, and improve crossing structures over water and wet areas.
If we log out along the way, we’ll need volunteers to help “swamp” for PNTA sawyers by rolling log rounds and removing branches from the trail corridor.
No trail crew experience is necessary for this event. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help carry equipment and supplies (chainsaw, etc.) for the crew so they can bring all the tools they need and direct more energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2019
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 14 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Silver Creek Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff at the semi-developed Silver Creek campground.
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Silver Creek Campground
- No events in this location