9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Sweat Creek Picnic Area
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Flagging Route
With a lucky volunteers’ help, we will flag a route between Corner Butte and Fir Mountain that will be used to build a new trail segment of the PNT later this summer!
Currently, the PNT follows Fir Creek Road for about 5 dusty miles. When the new trail segment is complete, volunteers will have made a lasting improvement to the trail corridor by helping to relocate the PNT from a gravel forest road to a foot-friendly trail through a Ponderosa forest.
This event is rated “Difficult” due to potential hike length and rough terrain. Anticipate some bushwhacking and scrambling over logs.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2015
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kristin Ackerman
- Trip Time: up to 7 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6–12 miles round trip, depending on whether we shuttle
- Spots Available: 1–2
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Sweat Creek Picnic Area
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available nearby in Republic
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Sweat Creek Picnic Area
- No events in this location