Date(s): 06/12/2021 - 06/13/2021
7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
Volunteers can make a big difference by joining this overnight work party and helping to clear the Shedroof Divide Trail for PNT thru-hikers and other visitors this season.
On this backcountry trip, volunteers will camp out on the trail for 1–2 nights at a worksite about four miles into the Thunder Creek TR 526. We’ll work southbound from Thunder Creek to clear and maintain up to three miles of the Shedroof Divide TR 512.
Volunteers and PNTA sawyers will take turns using crosscut saws to clear the trail of downed trees. We can also spot repair tread, clear drains, and prune back brush along the way.
Note, this event is rated “Difficult” due to potential hike length, and backcountry camping. PNTA crew leaders will work for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
No trail crew experience is necessary for this event, but backpacking experience is recommended. The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help move tools and supplies in and out of our backcountry “spike camp,” so the crew can direct more of their energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 5–7 miles daily, up to 13 miles on final day
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is available with PNTA staff in the backcountry. Developed and semi-developed campgrounds (pay-to-stay) are also available nearby.
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Shedroof Divide Access Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/22/2023 - 06/25/2023 - All Day
- Salmo-Priest Wilderness — Pack In Support - 08/01/2023 - All Day
- Salmo-Priest Wilderness — Pack Out Support - 08/07/2023 - All Day