Date(s) - 07/07/2021 - 07/08/2021
Disappointment & Goodenough THs
Spots Available - 0
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan, Pasayten Wilderness
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Tread Work
Volunteer to restore the PNT in Goodenough Park. This gateway to the Pasayten Wilderness was impacted by wildfire in 2015 and could use your help.
Our crew will camp at Goodenough Trailhead for the first couple of nights, working to improve the first 2.5 miles of trail on the Loomis State Forest. Volunteers may arrange to participate as day work party members, or join the crew for multiple days (Wed–Thur).
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack and backpacking gear (if you overnight), and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
This is a Drop-in Work Party: volunteers make a difference by boosting the capacity of a PNTA Performance Crew. The crew works on site for the duration of the trip, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2019
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Loomis State Forest
- Rendezvous Point: Long Draw Trailhead (Disappointment Creek)
- Staging Area: Goodenough Trailhead
- Camping: Volunteers may camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped campsite near the trailhead, or nearby semi-developed (pay-to-stay) campgrounds
- Directions: See Location for directions
Online bookings are not available for this event.