Date(s) - 07/17/2021
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Tread Work, Brush Work
Join this trail work party to help finish a piece of the PNT. Together, we’ll bring a new segment of the PNT up to National Scenic Trail standards!
Starting at Cougar Creek Road, we’ll work south toward the Clackamas Mountain Trail. We will work to complete an important trail reroute that our partners at the US Forest Service started in 2020. (Read more about the project at our blog.)
The project is rated “intermediate – difficult” due to the length of the hike and terrain. Until the trail bed is established, volunteers may need to travel cross country across uneven terrain along the flagged route.
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2019
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kristin Ackerman
- Trip Time: up to 7+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: TBD
- Spots Available: 4
- Cost: Free