Date(s): 08/05/2021 - 08/11/2021
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1–3 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip, Multi-Day Trip
- Project Type: Puncheon Construction
Join this trail work party to help finish a piece of the PNT. Together, we’ll work to complete an important trail reroute that our partners at the US Forest Service started in 2020. (Read more about the project at our blog.)
During this trip we will construct a puncheon bridge to protect a stream, approximately half a mile in from the Cougar Creek trailhead (Clackamas Mountain TR 312b).
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like— whether that’s for part of a day, or a multi-day adventure. Meals are included for multi-day participants who camp with the leaders.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: July 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Mackenzie & Jonny
- Trip Time: up to 7+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 1 mile RT
- Spots Available: 2 per day
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Wauconda Cafe @ Hwy 20
- Staging Area: NA
- Multi-day participants are welcome to camp with the crew leaders at a dispersed site a short drive from the trail, and ride with the crew to the trailhead. (Facemasks are required in vehicles.)
- Pay-to-stay campgrounds are available nearby, for example: at Bonaparte and Swan lakes.
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Wauconda, WA
- No events in this location