8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Mill Pond Historic Site
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 2–6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s)
- Project Type: Maintenance
Looking for an interesting day hike? Check out the Mill Pond system trails around the restored Sullivan Creek floodplain. No experience is necessary join this drop-in work party for a day of low-intensity trail work to help maintain this easy-grade system.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
Fun Facts: The PNTA helped complete the new Sullivan Creek Loop 565 in 2019–2020, including the construction of a puncheon bridge over a stream, and several turnpikes to raise the trail above muddy seeps between the campground and day use area. The Mill Pond system has potential to become a stepping stone connecting the PNT from Sullivan Lake to Metaline Falls.
Other volunteer opportunities: Volunteers trail scouts can share info about trail conditions in Northeast Washington by submitting a Scout Report, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: May 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Greg & Nick
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: You decide when you’ve had enough fun
- Spots Available: 2–4
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest
- Rendezvous Point: Historic Mill Pond Day Use Area
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: NA
- Directions: TBD
All Events at Mill Pond Historic Site
- No events in this location