Date(s): 08/24/2021 - 08/29/2021
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Sweat Creek Picnic Area
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 with guardian
- Difficulty: Easy to Difficult (due to potential hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles, or over 6 miles (depending on shuttle strategy)
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Signage, Construction
Help complete the new Corner Butte Trail that skirts around Fir Mountain and eliminate five dusty miles of road-walking on Fir Creek Road. When the new trail segment is complete, volunteers will have made a lasting improvement to the trail corridor by helping to relocate the PNT from a gravel forest road to a foot-friendly trail through a Ponderosa forest.
This party will install posts with trailhead markers at either end of the trail. We’ll do tread work to shape and define the trail surface where needed, and open the corridor with brush work. And we’ll way mark the trail with Thunderbirds at potentially confusing junctions.
Crew leaders will work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are free to participate for as long as they like— whether that’s part of a day, or a multi-day adventure, all help is welcome!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and pack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: July 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Matthew & Greg
- Trip Time: up to 7 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6–11 miles round trip, depending on whether we shuttle
- Spots Available: up to 2 per day
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Sweat Creek Picnic Area
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped site nearby; or camp at a nearby developed (pay-to-stay) campground, like Swan Lake.
- Meals can be included for multi-day participants who camp with the leaders and register by Friday, August 20th.
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Sweat Creek Picnic Area
- Swan Lake to Clackamas Mountain — Annual Maintenance - 05/27/2023 - 05/28/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm