Date(s): 09/08/2021 - 09/13/2021
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Swan Lake Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington, The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 with guardian
- Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate
- Hike Length: 1–3 miles to 3–6 miles, varies by day
- Trip Type: Drop-in Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip, Multi-Day Trip
- Project Type: New Construction, Log Out, Brush Out, Maintenance
West of the Kettle Crest the PNT wends across public lands toward the Okanogan Highlands. The route is made up of a combination of popular trails and lesser known ones, like the Swan Butte Cutoff Trail.
The segment of the PNT between Swan Lake and Swan Butte Road has yet to be completed or maintained as a trail. With your help, we can tame this wild stretch of the PNT and bring it up to National Scenic Trail standards.
During this event, volunteer “swampers” will work with PNTA sawyers, helping to roll log rounds and remove cut branches from the trail corridor.
Volunteers can also help lop away brush growing in the corridor, and build a short section of new trail connecting the decommissioned road beds that make up the majority of this section.
Crew leaders work on the trail for the duration of the trip, but volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like.
For multi-day participants, camping is available with the crew leaders.
Meals can be included if you register by Friday, September 3rd.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack (or multi-day pack list) recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: August 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Matthew & Greg, and crew member Sarah
- Trip Time: up to 7+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 1–4 mile RT
- Spots Available: 4 per day
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest
- Rendezvous Point: Swan Lake Day Use Parking
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Available with PNTA staff at semi-developed walk-in sites at Swan Lake
- Meals can be included for multi-day participants who register by Friday, September 3rd
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Swan Lake Trailhead
- No events in this location