Date(s): 05/24/2022 - 05/31/2022
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults, ages 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Trip Duration: Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
A rare opportunity to connect the dots and help complete the PNT! Join a PNTA crew in creating a new trail along Sullivan Outlet Creek— an off-road connection between the Mill Pond Historic Site and Sullivan Lake trail systems.
First we’ll use handsaws to open a rough corridor through a mile of forest understory, then— along 0.3 miles of steep side slope— we’ll use hand tools to rough in a ledge for the trail from end-to-end, so it’s easier for the next work party to complete and improve upon.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
About Group Reservations
This event is currently reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience.
Priority registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date, after which time— if no students have signed up— the event may be opened up to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Reach out to our Project Leaders at email@example.com if you’d like to reserve a trail work party event for your group.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: NA
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: 8–10 hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard by Tue, May 10th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: TBD
- Default Rendezvous: Kettle Falls
- PNTA provides roundtrip transportation (between Rendezvous and the worksite) for students participating in the full-duration of the experience.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Students must sign up for this experience through their school’s Work-based Learning coordinator. A minimum of three students are required to form a WBL crew. If possible, please sign up by Tue, May 10th.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- No events in this location