Date(s): 05/26/2022 - 05/28/2022
Total: 12 / Remaining: 12
Sweat Creek Picnic Area
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (learn more: trail terminology)
Venture out and enjoy the fleeting green of spring in the Okanogan Highlands with this PNTA trail crew maintaining the PNT Corner Butte trail, alongside Fir Mountain.
Help get the Trail ready for PNT thru-hikers and visitors this season. Volunteer “swampers” will work with a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and removing cut branches from the trail corridor, or work with a sawyer pulling a crosscut saw together. Crew members will also use loppers or handsaws to prune back brush and saplings, and dirtwork tools to repair the surface of the trail and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, crew training and outdoor skills mentorship. Just bring yourself, your daypack & gear, and a thirst for a rewarding day outdoors!
See Volunteer Resources (below) for FAQs and a packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader/s: Kassi & Sean
- Trip Time: up to 6+hrs, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 5 miles round trip daily
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Eligible students from Oroville High School get first dibs on this trip! Bring your OHS community engagement timesheet to earn credits towards graduation. The PNTA will provide roundtrip transportation for students (3ct minimum) who participate Thursday–Saturday.
- Cost: Free
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m. Friday, May 20th
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Sweat Creek Picnic Area
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See location
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.