Date(s): 05/29/2022 - 05/31/2022
Total: 12 / Remaining: 9
Swan Lake Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Slow down and take a breath at serene Swan Lake when you join a PNTA crew for a day of trail maintenance on the PNT: Swan Loop TR 5300-071 and Swan Butte Cutoff TR 5314-640.
Help clear a path thru the PNT by joining this log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members will also use dirt work tools, loppers and handsaws to trim back brush and saplings growing in the trail, as vegetation rallies back from the 2015 Northstar Fire.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail! (And maybe your swimsuit and fly fishing gear, too!)
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m. Friday, May 20th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Republic Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Swan Lake — end of the road, at the gateway to the group campsite
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants may tent camp (walk-in sites only) with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Trip Duration
Volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like. For example, you can join the crew as day-trip participant, or make this a multi-day adventure.
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Swan Lake Trailhead
- No events in this location