Date(s): 06/21/2022 - 06/28/2022
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
4th of July Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Trip Duration: Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains, structures)
While the Fourth of July Ridge trail will still be closed for hazard mitigation following the Walker-Spur fire, the north face of Bonaparte— with its peek-a-views of the Okanogan Highlands— will be open and ready to receive some TLC. Join a PNTA crew maintaining the PNT at Cabin TR 303 and Antoine TR 304.
Help clear a path thru the PNT by joining this log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to spot repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2018
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Kassi & Sean
- Trip Time: up to 8–10 hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 11 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard by Tue June 7th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Oroville High School
- PNTA provides roundtrip transportation (between Rendezvous and the worksite) for students participating in the full-duration of the experience.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Group Reservations
This event is currently reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience.
Priority registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date, after which time— if no students have signed up— the event may be opened up to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Reach out to our Project Leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to reserve a trail work party event for your group.
Register for this Party
Students must sign up for this experience through their school’s Work-based Learning coordinator. A minimum of three students are required to form a WBL crew. If possible, please sign up by Tue June 7th.
All Events at 4th of July Trailhead
- No events in this location