Date(s): 07/07/2022 - 07/10/2022
Total: 16 / Remaining: 11
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Escape the valley heat when you retreat to the mountains with a PNTA crew on Shedroof Divide TR 512 and Grassy-Hall Divide TR 533. Two teams will maintain the PNT on the ridgelines between Roundtop and Hall Mountains.
Help clear a path thru the PNT by joining this log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Take turns on the end of a crosscut saw as we maintain a corridor through the Wilderness. Crew members also use loppers and handsaws to trim back brush and saplings growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
One team will maintain the Shedroof Divide north of Pass Creek Pass, then the PNT portion of Grassy Top TR 503, and the eastern 1-2 miles of Grassy-Hall.
Another team will work on the western 3-4 miles of Grassy-Hall, and the mountainside section of Noisy Creek TR 588.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): West Crew — Mack & Ryan; East Crew — Hannah & Triston
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 8–9 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 4 daily, two crews
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m. Fri, July 1st
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with PNTA the crews; developed fee campgrounds are available nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Drop-in Work Parties
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Want to dig deeper and play longer? The Performance Crews work at this location for a full week; reach out to the Project Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join the crew on another date not listed in the registry.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- No events in this location