Date(s): 08/16/2022 - 08/23/2022
Total: 28 / Remaining: 28
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult due to hike length
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains, structures)
On this trip we’ll cross Noisy Creek and maintain the trail from the deeply-shaded creek canyon to the sunny slopes below Hall Mountain. Crew members will use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to spot repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
On Red Bluff trail we’ll hike in 2–3 miles to a seasonally muddy area to construct a turnpike that will keep boots dry and keep surface water running clear.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8–10 hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 8 miles round trip at maximum ranges
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard by Tue August 2nd
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: TBD
- Default Rendezvous: Kettle Falls
- PNTA provides roundtrip transportation (between Rendezvous and the worksite) for students participating in the full-duration of the experience.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Students must sign up for this experience through their school’s Work-based Learning coordinator. A minimum of three students are required to form a WBL crew. If possible, please sign up by Tue August 2nd.
Bookings are closed for this event.