Date(s): 08/18/2022 - 08/21/2022
Total: 8 / Remaining: 8
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Note: Volunteers may join forces with participants of a PNTA Work-based Learning student crew
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains, structures)
Escape to the lush cedar-hemlock forests of the Selkirk Mountains at Sullivan Lake when you join a PNTA crew maintaining the PNT-adjacent Elk Creek Trail 560. On this trip we’ll work together to raze and rebuild an expired puncheon bridge at Elk Creek falls.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: July 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 6–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work longer hours, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 2 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 2 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard by Fri August 12th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/23/2023 - 05/30/2023 - All Day
- Sullivan Lake Trails — Annual Maintenance - 05/27/2023 - 05/28/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/27/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/10/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/24/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Grassy-Hall Divide Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/25/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack In Support - 08/16/2023 - All Day
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack Out Support - 08/18/2023 - All Day