Date(s): 08/16/2022 - 08/23/2022
Total: 28 / Remaining: 28
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; ages 15–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Trip Duration: Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work
A rare opportunity to connect the dots and help complete the PNT! Join a PNTA crew to create a new trail along Sullivan Outlet Creek, for an off-road connection between the Mill Pond Historic and Sullivan Lake trail systems.
A new trail will have been roughed in by a previous work party. On this trip we will engage in brush work and dirt work to improve the corridor and tread to meet specifications for a developed trail.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
About Group Reservations
This event is currently reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience.
Priority registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date, after which time— if no students have signed up— the event may be opened up to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Reach out to our Project Leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to reserve a trail work party event for your group.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: NA
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 8–10 hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & onboard byTue August 2nd
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: TBD
- Default Rendezvous: Kettle Falls
- PNTA provides roundtrip transportation (between Rendezvous and the worksite) for students participating in the full-duration of the experience.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Students must sign up for this experience through their school’s Work-based Learning coordinator. A minimum of three students are required to form a WBL crew. If possible, please sign up by Tue August 2nd.