Date(s): 09/29/2022 - 10/02/2022
Total: 40 / Remaining: 40
Silver Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles— varies by day and team
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work & Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Immerse yourself in autumnal colors and aromas when you join a pair of PNTA work parties to circle back on maintenance of PNT-adjacent trails: South Fork Silver Creek TR 123, and Sherlock Peak TR 139.
Help clear a path by joining a log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: round trip at maximum range(s)
- S FK Silver: up to 14.5 miles
- Sherlock Peak: up to 7.2 miles
- Spots Available: 8 daily, two crews
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00 p.m. Fri, September 23rd
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Silver Creek Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants may car camp at a semi-developed campground with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Trip Duration
Volunteer crew members are free to participate for as long as they like. For example, you can join the crew as a day-trip participant, or make this a multi-day adventure.
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Want to dig deeper and play longer? Crew leaders work at this location for a full week, and transportation between a rendezvous location in Kettle Falls and the project location may be available for crew members who opt to stick around for maximum trip duration.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.