9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 20 / Remaining: 10
Tubal Cain Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Olympic Peninsula
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1–5 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Trail Maintenance
At this volunteer event we will work on logging out the Gold Creek Trail segment of the PNT on the scenic Olympic National Forest!
This winter was hard on the much-loved trails across the peninsula and Gold Creek is an essential section of the PNT as hikers climb from the Hood Canal towards the Buckhorn Wilderness. We’ll be using crosscut and hand saws to clear the logs and cutting back any of the fast growing vegetation that tries to impede hikers and riders.
We will meet at the Tubal Cain Trailhead at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then work our way north improving the trail, working until mid-afternoon.
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with minimal experience!
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 5 miles round trip
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Olympic National Forest — Hood Canal Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Tubal Cain Trailhead
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available at the Dungeness Forks Campground
- Directions: See Location for directions
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Tubal Cain Trailhead
- No events in this location