Date(s): 07/21/2021 - 07/28/2021
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Park Butte Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1-4 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Frontcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Single or Multi-Day
- Project Type: Turnpike/Puncheon Construction
Volunteer to help PNTA and the Back Country Horsemen replace aging turnpike and puncheon structures along the Park Butte Trail. This popular section of the PNT is used by day hikers, backpackers, mountaineers and equestrians and leads to the iconic Park Butte Fire Lookout.
Participants will be working from the trailhead towards the lookout working primarily in the first three miles that wind through beautiful Schreibers Meadow. Join our crews for a day or even the entire week! If you’re feeling ambitious, hike up to the lookout after your day of work and watch the sunset light up the massive views of Mt. Baker.
The crew will be camped at the trailhead and working long days, however they can use all the help they can get on building the structures that help so many people access and the mountain.
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with minimal experience!
PNTA last worked here in 2021. Learn more about our collaboration with the Whatcom Chapter of the Back Country Horsemen, here.
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 6
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Park Butte Trailhead
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is included with this event
- Directions: See Location for directions