Date(s): 07/21/2021 - 07/28/2021
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Harts Pass Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Pasayten Wilderness
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 15 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Logout
Volunteer to log out the the PNT between the Middle Fork of the Pasayten River and Frosty Pass in the Pasayten Wilderness. This section of the trail was impacted by wildfire in 2015, sees hundreds of blown down trees every winter and could use your help.
Two of our crews will backpack in approximately fifteen miles to the Pasayten Airstrip where they’ll camp working both directions on the PNT (Boundary Trail) using exclusively crosscut saws to but up trees that have fallen across the trail.
Please note, this backcountry Drop-in Work Party is suitable for volunteers with previous experience who can also carry a backpack while hiking at least 15 miles in a day.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your backpacking kit, and a thirst for a rewarding dew days on the trail. See the resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and gear recommendations.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help move tools and supplies in and out of our backcountry “spike camp,” so the crew can direct more of their energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 15 miles each way
- Spots Available: 6
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest — Methow Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Harts Pass Trailhead
- Staging Area: Pasayten Airstrip Trailhead
- Camping: Volunteers may camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped campsites around the airstrip
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Harts Pass Trailhead
- No events in this location