9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Swift Creek Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults, 16–17 with guardian consent, 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 1–4 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: Log-out and General Maintenance
The Swift Creek Trail provides a critical pathway across the Mt Baker Wilderness for Pacific Northwest Trail hikers. This special part of the PNT is the only north-south route connecting trails to the north along the Mt Baker Scenic Byway and those to the south around Baker Lake. Volunteers can make a big difference by helping to clear the trail of trees downed by recent winter storms.
Volunteers will team up with PNTA crew leaders to clear the trail. Crew leaders and other Region 6 USFS Certified Sawyers will use chainsaws to buck trees. There may also be opportunities for volunteers to use crosscut saws, power trimmers, hand saws and hand tools at the work party.
Participants will meet at the Swift Creek Trailhead/ Baker Hot Springs Parking Area. High-clearance vehicles are recommended along Forest Road 1130. We will meet at the trailhead at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then get to work clearing the trail, working until about 3:00pm.
Volunteers must have a daypack, lunch, water, long pants, long sleeves and boots. Consider bringing a change of clothes if you would like to take a soak in the hot springs to ease your muscles after a day of hard work!
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with no experience.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 5 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 10
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker-Snoqulamie National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Bake Hot Springs Parking Area
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available at Baker Lake
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Swift Creek Trailhead
- No events in this location