9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Mt Zion / Sleepy Hollow Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Olympic Peninsula
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Type: Day Trip
- Project Type: General Maintenance
Volunteer to help the PNTA keep the Mt. Zion segment of the PNT in great shape! Join experienced PNTA crew leaders and help maintain the trail’s walking surface and drainage features so it remains ready for visitors for seasons to come.
Participants will meet at the Mt. Zion Trailhead and work east. They must have a daypack, lunch, water, long pants, long sleeves and boots.
We will meet at the trailhead at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then begin working in places where the drainage features of the trail are in need of repair. They’ll likely take lunch at the summit and work their way back down wrapping up about 3:00pm.
This event is great for both seasoned trail stewards and folks with minimal experience!
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2019
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 10
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Olympic National Forest — Hood Canal Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Mt. Zion Trailhead
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but is available nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Mt Zion / Sleepy Hollow Trailhead
- No events in this location