Date(s): 08/18/2022 - 08/23/2022
Total: 35 / Remaining: 34
Park Butte Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hike Length: up to 10 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Logout and General Maintenance
Volunteer to work with the PNTA on the Bell Pass Trail on the Mt. Baker National Forest. We’ll be camping at beautiful Mazama Camp and working west on the Pacific Northwest Trail toward Bell Pass.
Please note, this backcountry Drop-in Work Party is suitable for volunteers with previous experience who can also carry a backpack while hiking up to 10 miles in a day.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your backpacking kit, and a thirst for a rewarding dew days on the trail. See the resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and gear recommendations.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help move tools and supplies in and out of our backcountry “spike camp,” so the crew can direct more of their energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: PNTA Performance Crew Leaders
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 10 miles each way
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Park Butte Trailhead
- Camping: Primitive sites at Mazama Camp
- Directions: See Location for directions