Total: 36 / Remaining: 31
Park Butte Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hike Length: 8 miles round trip
- Trip Type: Volunteer Pack Support
- Trip Type: Day Trip
Pack support volunteers help move supplies from the trailhead to PNTA trail crews working in the backcountry. With your help, our backcountry trail crew will be able to stay out in the field longer and get more work done on the beautiful Bell Pass Trail segment of the PNT.
Pack Support Volunteers
At this event, volunteers will hike 4 miles from the popular Park Butte Trailhead to our base camp in Mazama Park. We will spend the day hiking along the Park Butte Trail, known for stunning alpine views of Mt Baker, the Twin Sister Range, and the iconic Park Butte Lookout.
If you enjoy hiking to scenic spots on the PNT and are able to carry a bear-resistant canister weighing 15-20 pounds, this event is a great way to get involved and give back to trails.
Space is limited at the Park Butte Trailhead and it can be a long drive. Registered volunteers are welcome to ride share with PNTA staff from our headquarters in downtown Sedro-Woolley, or from Concrete.
Bonus Side Trip
Volunteers will enjoy magnificent views of glacier-clad Mt Baker from the resupply route. They can also take the opportunity to visit the iconic Park Butte Lookout just 0.8 miles off the route.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: PNTA Performance Crew Leaders
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 10 miles each way
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Park Butte Trailhead or PNTA Headquarters
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.