Date(s): 08/18/2021 - 08/25/2021
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Andrews Creek Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: Pasayten Wilderness
- Experience: Experience Recommended
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 15 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party, Backcountry Trip
- Trip Type: Multi-day
- Project Type: Logout
Volunteer to work with the PNTA near Bald Mountain in the Pasayten Wilderness. This section of the trail just east of the Ashnola River was impacted by wildfire in 2015, and sees hundreds of blown down trees every winter. We could also use volunteers’ help on the switchbacks down to the river. They need some restoration work on top of their annual drainage maintenance.
Please note, this backcountry Drop-in Work Party is suitable for volunteers with previous experience who can also carry a backpack while hiking at least 15 miles in a day.
Drop-in volunteers make a difference by working alongside PNTA Performance Crews. PNTA staff work on site for the duration of the event, but volunteers are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your backpacking kit, and a thirst for a rewarding dew days on the trail. See the resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and gear recommendations.
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Other Ways to Volunteer
Pack support volunteers— people and/or stock animals—are welcome! These volunteers will help move tools and supplies in and out of our backcountry “spike camp,” so the crew can direct more of their energy towards trail work.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2020
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 10 hrs daily, + drive and hike time
- Hike Distance: up to 15 miles each way
- Spots Available: 6
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest — Methow Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Andrews Creek Trailhead
- Camping: Volunteers may camp with PNTA staff at a dispersed, undeveloped campsites
- Directions: See Location for directions
All Events at Andrews Creek Trailhead
- No events in this location