9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Total: 0 / Remaining: 0
Park Butte Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: North Cascades
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults, 16–17 with guardian consent, 10–15 accompanied by a guardian
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hike Length: 6 miles
- Trip Type: Performance Crew Resupply
- Trip Type: Day Trip
Help our Performance Crews maintain the Bell Pass and South Fork Nooksack Trails by delivering their mid-hitch resupply!
Our trail crews work in the backcountry for 7-10 days at a time. You can help them get more work done on the trail by carrying food and other supplies to their spike camp at Mazama Camp. This is a great way to support trail work on the PNT and enjoy a side trip to the Park Butte Lookout!
We will be loading backpacks with supplies and hiking in to an exceptionally scenic part of the PNT. The hike is roughly 4 miles long and climbs 1500 feet before dropping down to the camp.
We’ll meet at the Park Butte Trailhead on Forest Road 13 at 9:00am, have a quick safety chat and then start hiking. We hope to return to the trailhead by 3:00pm. High-clearance vehicles are recommended along Forest Road 13.
Volunteers must bring a lunch, water, and stable hiking shoes. If you have a backpack larger than 50 liters that you want to load with the crew’s food you can bring it. If not, we have plenty of packs we can lend you.
This event is great for anyone who can hike 8 moderately challenging miles with some weight on their back! Even if you can’t carry more than a few pounds, you are welcome to join us!
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Sterling Collins-Hill
- Trip Time: up to 6 hrs + drive time
- Hike Distance: 8 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 10
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Mt. Baker-Snoqulamie National Forest — Mt. Baker Ranger District
- Rendezvous Point: Park Butte TH
- Camping: Camping is not included with this event but may be available in the area
- Directions: See Location for directions