Date(s): 06/06/2023 - 06/13/2023
Total: 4 / Remaining: 4
Silver Creek Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Work-based Learning Experience
- Or Volunteer Work Party, see below
- Trip Duration: Multi-day (WBL)
- Or Day Trip(s), Multi-day (VWP)
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work & Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Work-based learning students will have the opportunity to help service the North Fork Silver Creek TR 119. With volunteers’ help we can also work on neighboring South Fork Silver Creek TR 123.
There will be opportunities to enjoy fantastic views from Abercrombie Mountain and to help prepare the PNT for summer use by clearing logs and brush from the trail.
Volunteers may work as “swampers” who follow behind PNTA sawyers at a safe distance, rolling log rounds and tossing cut branches off the trail. Crew members can also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to touch up the tread and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: 8–10 hrs daily (WBL)
- Volunteers: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 students, or 4 volunteers daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Fri, June 3rd
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Silver Creek Campground
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Car camp at a semi-developed campground with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
About Work-based Learning Experiences
This event is reserved for students participating in a Work-based Learning Experience. Students must contact their school WBL program administrator to join this trip.
Registration for WBL students closes two weeks prior to the trip start date. If no students sign up, then this event opens to the public as a Volunteer Work Party.
Volunteers can register below to be on the work party wait list. Also, look out below for other opportunities to volunteer at this location.
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Silver Creek Campground
- Silver Creek Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/06/2023 - 06/13/2023 - All Day