9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 4 / Remaining: 4
4th of July Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles, to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party (Sat)
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s); Multi-day
- Project Type: Protection (tread repairs, drains)
In 2021, a wildfire closed the PNT and other popular trails around Mount Bonaparte. With your help, we’ll restore the trail in time for summer!
As we hike along, we’ll make any needed repairs to the surface of the trail and its drains to protect it from erosion. We’ll also protect the tread from brush and new spring growth along the way.
While we work to leave the trail better, there will be opportunities to take a close look at the rebirth of a forest as the succession cycle begins again, and grasses, leafy herbaceous plants and wildflowers begin blanketing the ground.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2018
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Miles or E
- Trip Time: 2–8 hours, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: 4–8 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Meals: Day Trip, meals not included
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Fourth of July Trailhead
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: camp sites may be available at the Bonaparte Lake Campground. Dispersed camping may also be available on the Colville National Forest.
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at 4th of July Trailhead
- No events in this location