Date(s): 07/23/2023 - 07/24/2023
Total: 20 / Remaining: 20
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Backpacking experience recommended
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with a guardian
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Pack Support, Backcountry
- Trip Duration: Day Trip, or Multi-day
- Project Type: Pack Support
Volunteer to provide crucial pack support to bring home a PNTA trail crew that has completed their mission in the eastern Pasayten Wilderness.
On Monday (7/24), we could use help moving gear from a backcountry spike camp located at the foot of Haig Mountain, to Goodenough Trailhead via the PNT— an approximate 10.5 mile journey with that may take about 5.5–6 hours on foot.
(See also: Pack In Support, Tue July 18th)
If backcountry equestrians are interested in volunteering for this trip, we could accomplish our goals with 4–5 stock animals, hauling out roughly 475–500 pounds of gear.
If equestrians aren’t available for the return trip, then we’ll lighten up and make any necessary adjustments to get the job done with two-legged volunteers, in which case 10-15 volunteer backpackers would be needed to help the crew return tools and gear to the trailhead.
Backpacker volunteers are encouraged to arrive at the Haig Mountain spike camp on Sunday evening to allow for plenty of time for the 6 hour trek back to the trailhead on Monday.
The PNTA can provide volunteers with backpacks, and you can decide how much weight you or your stock are comfortable carrying.
Please bring your essential daypack items, as well as your backpacking gear if you plan to make this a multi-day trip. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 21 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 5–15
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tuesday July 11th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Goodenough Trailhead (end of Fourteenmile Rd)
- Staging Area: Goodneough Trailhead
- Camping: Multi-day participants can disperse camp with the PNTA crews
- Directions: See Location for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the One Step Registration Form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Disappointment & Goodenough Trailheads
- No events in this location