9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 8 / Remaining: 8
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
With your help, PNTA crews will restore part of the Kettle Crest trail system that has all but vanished. At this second volunteer work party on the Leona Loop Trail, PNTA trail crew members and volunteers will finish restoring part of the trail that had nearly disappeared under regrowth and thick vegetation following the 2015 Stickpin Fire.
This event is great for beginners. At this work party we’ll focus on restoring the walking surface of the trail and clearing any remaining brush from the trail corridor. We’ll use loppers and handsaws to trim back saplings and branches growing in the trail, and we’ll use dirt work tools to restore the tread and drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: Last weekend
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): TBD
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Cost: Free
- Access: High-clearance vehicles are recommended; the road up to Leona trailhead can be deeply rutted as you near the top
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Republic Ranger Districts
- Rendezvous Location: Leona Trailhead
- Staging Area:
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Leona Trailhead
- No events in this location