9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 4 / Remaining: 2
4th of July Trailhead
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip
- Project Type: Protection (tread repairs, drains)
In 2021, a wildfire closed the PNT and other popular trails around Mount Bonaparte. With volunteers’ help, we will restore those trails this summer!
During this trip, there will be opportunities to take a close look at the rebirth of a forest as the succession cycle begins again, and grasses, leafy herbaceous plants and wildflowers begin blanketing the ground.
At this volunteer work party, we’ll restore the western half of Fourth of July Ridge TR 307, or the Cabin TR 303 & Antoine TR 304. As we hike along we will perform spot repairs to the trail’s surface and its drains. And we’ll be on the look out for areas where new plant growth might already be poking up in the trail.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: June 2023
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Miles and/or Elizabeth
- Trip Time: 4–6 hrs, + drive time
- Hike Distance: 3–6 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4
- Meals: Day Trip, meals not included
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Fourth of July Trailhead
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Day trip— camping not included
- Directions: See Location for directions
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at 4th of July Trailhead
- Mount Bonaparte Trails— Log Out and Restore - 06/06/2023 - 06/13/2023 - All Day
- Fourth of July Ridge Restoration — National Trails Day Event - 06/10/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Mount Bonaparte Trails — Maintain and Restore - 07/22/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm