9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Total: 26 / Remaining: 26
Beth Lake Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: up to 3 miles, 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party (Sat), Drop-in Volunteers (Wed–Mon)
- Trip Duration: Day trip(s) or Multi-day
- Project Type: Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Listen for the haunting call of the loons as you traipse along this easy trail beside a pair of quiet lakes in the Okanogan Highlands, nestled in a narrow canyon between Mount Bonaparte and Buckhorn Mountain.
On Saturday, the PNTA will cohost a Volunteer Work Party with our parters at the Okanogan Highlands Alliance, with a mission to restore the Beth-Beaver Lakes Trail 316.
Some years ago a microburst of severe wind damaged the forest (and campgrounds!) at Beth and Beaver Lakes. The eastern half of the trail has yet to be fully restored, and will require some tread work where the trail was damaged and cratered by uprooted trees felled by storm.
Volunteers with any level of experience will find something they can lend a hand with, whether it’s using loppers and handsaws to prune back saplings and branches, or dirt work tools to sculpt the earth into a proper trail again.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Volunteers are also welcome to drop in and help PNTA crew leaders throughout the week. See Registration tickets below for more options.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: Aug 2023
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Jessica & Gwyn
- Trip Time: 2–8 hours, + drive time
- Note: PNTA crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 4 miles round trip, if you choose to walk the whole trail
- Spots Available: 6 total (VWP), or 4 daily (Drop-in)
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Beth Lake CG
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants are welcome to camp with PNTA crew leaders nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Beth Lake Campground
- Okanogan Highlands: Beth & Beaver Lake Trails — Restoration - 09/09/2023 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pm