9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Total: 11 / Remaining: 8
Beth Lake Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; children 15 and younger accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: up to 2 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day trip(s)
- Project Type: Corridor Restoration (brush work), Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Listen for the haunting call of the loons as you traipse along this easy trail beside a pair of quiet lakes in the Okanogan Highlands, nestled in a narrow canyon between Mount Bonaparte and Buckhorn Mountain.
The Beaver Lake portion of the trail is in need of some TLC— overdue for a haircut (read: bushy), some litter removal, and touch ups on the tread where it’s narrow and eroded.
Volunteers with any level of experience will find something they can lend a hand with, whether it’s using loppers and handsaws to prune back saplings and branches, swamping cut materials off the trail, or touching up the tread with a hand tool.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: Aug 2023
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Jess, Miles and/or Tyler
- Trip Time: 2–8 hours, + drive time
- Note: PNTA crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 2 miles round trip, if you choose to walk the whole trail
- Spots Available: 10 — please register by noon on Friday Sept 8
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Beth Lake CG — We’ll meet in the Picnic Area at 0900 for a safety circle, then shuttle over to the trailhead located in the campground— between sites 6&7.
- Note: There is a vault toilet located at the junction between the campground and the day-use area at the north end of Beaver Lake.
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Day Trip — camping not included, but available at worksite location, or nearby at Bonaparte Lake or Lost Lake.
- Directions: See Location for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the One Step Registration Form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Beth Lake Campground
- No events in this location