Total: 14 / Remaining: 11
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Backpacking experience recommended
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with a guardian
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Pack Support, Backcountry
- Trip Duration: Day Trip, or Multi-day
- Project Type: Pack Support
The mountains are calling and we must go! Volunteer to provide crucial pack support to a PNTA trail crew working to log-out trails in the Eastern Pasayten Wilderness.
On Friday morning a PNTA trail crew will be ready to relocate from their basecamp at Goodenough Park trailhead, to “Lone Wolf” spike camp on Long Draw TR 340. This 5.6 mile hike takes about 4 hours on foot. Helping the crew move to a backcountry camp will allow them to work from Horseshoe Basin to Haig Mountain, clearing an additional five miles of the PNT trail in the Wilderness.
If backcountry equestrians are interested in volunteering for this trip, we could accomplish our goals with 3–4 stock animals. We need to haul in about 435 pounds of gear and supplies. (We won’t require pack out support for this trip, as we plan to return the following week and continue clearing the trail deeper into the Wilderness.)
If equestrians aren’t available, we’ll lighten up our gear and make any necessary adjustments to get the job done with two-legged volunteers. 5–10 volunteer backpackers will be needed to help the crew carry in food supplies, tools and gear.
Pack support volunteers are welcome to arrive at our basecamp on Thursday evening. The PNTA can provide you with backpacks, and you can choose how much weight you or your stock are comfortable carrying.
Please bring your essential daypack items, and backpacking gear if you plan to make this a multi-day trip. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 10–11 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 3–10
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tuesday June 27th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Tonasket Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Goodenough Trailhead (end of Fourteenmile Rd)
- Staging Area: Goodneough Trailhead
- Camping: Multi-day participants can disperse camp with the PNTA crews
- Directions: See Location for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the One Step Registration Form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Disappointment & Goodenough Trailheads
- No events in this location