Total: 22 / Remaining: 21
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Backpacking experience recommended
- Ages: adults; 15–17 with a guardian
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Pack Support, Backcountry
- Trip Duration: Day Trip, or Multi-day
- Project Type: Pack Support
Travel a loop along the Shedroof Divide out of Gyspy Meadows when you volunteer to provide mission-critical pack support to a PNTA trail crew embarking on a project in the Salmo-Priest Wilderness.
On Tuesday morning a PNTA trail crew will need help packing in tools, gear, and supplies, to a backcountry spike camp at Thunder Mountain on Shedroof Divide Trail 512. Pack support volunteers should expect to trek up to 13-miles, or about 8 hours on this trip. We are also seeking volunteers to help pack our crews out on Monday, August 7th.
If backcountry equestrians are interested in volunteering for this trip, we could accomplish our goals with 5–6 stock animals, hauling in roughly 650 pounds of supplies, tools and gear.
If equestrians aren’t available, then we’ll lighten our loads and make any necessary adjustments to get the job done with two-legged volunteers. 10-15 volunteer backpackers will be needed to help the crew carry in supplies and gear.
Pack support volunteers are welcome to arrive at Gypsy Meadows basecamp on Monday evening. Whether you’re traveling on horseback or foot, we’d recommend embarking from the trailhead by 0900 on Tuesday to leave yourself enough daylight for the return trip.
The PNTA can provide you with backpacks, and you decide how much weight you or your stock are comfortable carrying.
Please bring your essential daypack items, as well as your backpacking gear if you plan to make this a multi-day trip. See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: up to 8+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 13–14 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 5–15
- Meals: Not included; meal reimbursement available for multi-day participants
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Gypsy Meadows CG
- Staging Area: Gyspy Meadows CG
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp at Gypsy Meadows
- Directions: See Location for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the One Step Registration Form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Gypsy Meadows Campground
- No events in this location