Date(s): 06/22/2023 - 06/25/2023
Total: 8 / Remaining: 2
Gypsy Meadows Campground
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: Experience Preferred
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Volunteers (Th–Sun)
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
We’re seeking experienced volunteers to help log out the PNT in the Salmo-Priest Wilderness.
Drop-in volunteers and our Performance Trail Crew may be the first people to set foot in the wilderness this year. Our mission is to clear the Congressional route of the PNT on Shedroof Cutoff Trail 511 and get the trail ready for summer visitors. We will also clear a critical access trail to the PNT the Shedroof Divide Trail 512 via Thunder Creek Trail 526.
Volunteers will take turns as sawyers, helping to operate a large two-person crosscut saw to clear fallen logs from the trail way. When they are ready to take a break from the saw, they can also help by working as “swampers” who assist sawyers by rolling the log rounds and branches they have cut from the trail.
At this work party, there will also be opportunities to use loppers and smaller handsaws to trim back brush and saplings, and to us dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack and camp gear (if you’ll stay overnight), and a thirst for a uniquely rewarding way to experience the PNT!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Miles & Elizabeth
- Trip Time: 2–10 hrs daily
- Note: PNTA staff work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 10 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 2 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tue, June 13th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan-Salmo FR 2220 @ Gypsy Meadows Campground
- Staging Area: N/A
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with the PNTA crew at an undeveloped site near the trailheads; developed and fee campgrounds (not included) are available in the area.
- Directions: See Location for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the one step registration form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
Bookings are closed for this event.
All Events at Gypsy Meadows Campground
- No events in this location