9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 8 / Remaining: 0
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed (VWP); Experience Preferred (Drop-in Volunteers)
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent
- Difficulty: Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party (Sun); Drop-in Volunteers (Th–Sat)
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
Volunteers with any experience level are welcome at this trail work party. We’ll meet at the Pass Creek Pass Trailhead and spend the day doing log-out, tread and brush work on the Grassy-Hall Divide TR 533.
The heart-pumping hike up to the ridge line is worth the effort and volunteers can take satisfaction in knowing they helped clear the way for summer visitors!
There will be opportunities to help with a variety of important tasks. Volunteers may help by working as a “swamper,” a sawyer’s assistant, who removes log rounds and branches from the trail after they have been cut.
Volunteers may also take turns helping to drive on of our large two-person crosscut saws to cut bigger logs across the trail in the Wilderness. We will also use loppers and smaller handsaws to trim back brush and saplings growing in the trail way, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains.
The PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack and camp gear (if you’ll stay overnight), and a thirst for a uniquely rewarding way to experience the PNT!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Experienced volunteers are welcome to drop in sooner and help support a PNTA Performance Crew maintaining the primary route of the PNT out of Pass Creek Pass. They’ll clear the trail eastbound on Shedroof Divide TR 512, and westbound on Grassy Top TR 503, and Grassy-Hall Divide TR 533. See Registration tickets below for more options.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Forest Reeves, Volunteer Work Party (Sun)
- Drop-in w/ a Performance Crew: Hannah & Sam
- Trip Time: 2–10 hrs daily (Drop-ins)
- Volunteer Work Party: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: PNTA staff work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 8 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 4 total (VWP); 2 daily (Drop-in)
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tue, June 13th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location:
- Staging Area: N/A
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with the PNTA Performance Crew at an undeveloped site near Pass Creek Pass; developed fee campgrounds (not included) are available at Sullivan Lake.
- Directions: See Rendezvous Locations above for directions
How to Register for this Event
Please choose a space, sign in to your account, and click on the yellow registration button below. Or you can use the One Step Registration Form below to create a PNT.org account and register for an event in one step.
After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email from the project leader with an invitation to complete a Volunteer Enrollment Form. This information helps us provide the best possible experience for volunteers. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Note: If you would like to book an additional spot for another member of your group, please log out of your pnt.org account and reload this page to submit an additional registration.
This event is fully booked.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- No events in this location