Date(s): 05/27/2023 - 05/28/2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Total: 16 / Remaining: 16
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy to Intermediate
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party (Sun); Drop-in Volunteers (Wed–Mon)
- Trip Duration: Day Trip(s), or Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Protection (tread repairs, drains)
At this volunteer trail work party, we’ll meet at the Sullivan Lake Ranger Station and spend the day doing log-out, tread and brush work on the Red Bluff Trail 553.
Volunteers will help clear a path thru the PNT by joining this log out party as a “swamper” who follows behind a PNTA sawyer, rolling log rounds and tossing branches off the trail. Crew members will also use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush, saplings and branches growing in the corridor, or dirt work tools to spot repair the tread and clear drains along the way.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
Over the course of the week, PNTA crews will be giving annual maintenance to three low-elevation PNT trails around Sullivan Lake. Folks interested in spending some additional time helping out can register as drop-in volunteers and join us on the Lakeshore Trail 504, and the lower half of the Noisy Creek Trail 588, or spend another day with us on the Red Bluff Trail 553.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2022
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s):
- Volunteer Work Party: Forest
- Drop-in Volunteers: Jessica & Gwyn
- Trip Time: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders work a full day, but volunteer crew members are welcome to participate for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 4–5 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tue May 16th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants can disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders; developed campgrounds (not included) are also available nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/23/2023 - 05/30/2023 - All Day
- Sullivan Lake Trails — Annual Maintenance - 05/27/2023 - 05/28/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 05/27/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/10/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/24/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Grassy-Hall Divide Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/25/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack In Support - 08/16/2023 - All Day
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack Out Support - 08/18/2023 - All Day