Total: 16 / Remaining: 16
Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; ages 16–17 with guardian consent; 5–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hike Length: 0–3 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Trail Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day trip(s) or Multi-day
- Project Type: Tread Work
Volunteer to help close a trail gap in the PNT! With your help, we will improve a new trail along Sullivan Outlet Creek that will connect the Mill Pond Historic Site and Sullivan Lake trail systems.
This new trail was roughed in just last year. On Saturday, we’ll work together to refine the details, like: widening the tread and corridor to spec, and reinforcing any steep downslope edges with wee rock walls or log retainers. Folks are also welcome to register to join us Thursday through Sunday if they like.
Our worksite is easy to access and short distance away from national forest campgrounds and beautiful Sullivan Lake a great spot to cool off after a rewarding day of trail work.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding and unique experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and daypack recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: June 2023
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Jessica & Gwyn; Forest Reeves (Sunday)
- Trip Time: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 3 miles round trip
- Spots Available: 4 daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tue, Sept 12
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Sullivan Lake Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants can disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders; developed campgrounds (not included) are also available nearby
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Sullivan Lake Ranger Station
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/10/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 06/24/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Grassy-Hall Divide Trails — Annual Maintenance - 06/25/2023 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack In Support - 08/16/2023 - All Day
- N Fk Sullivan Creek Trail — Annual Maintenance - 08/16/2023 - 08/19/2023 - All Day
- N Fk Sullivan Creek — Pack Out Support - 08/20/2023 - All Day
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 09/23/2023 - All Day
- Sullivan Outlet Creek — New Trail - 10/05/2023 - 10/08/2023 - All Day