Date(s): 09/09/2023 - 09/10/2023
Total: 28 / Remaining: 28
Taylor Ridge TR 074 — Tom Creek, eastern terminus
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to elevation gain)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles
- Trip Type: Volunteer Work Party (Sat/Sun), Drop-in Volunteer Party (Tues–Mon)
- Trip Duration: Day trip(s) or Multi-day
- Project Type: Construction (puncheon bridge and turnpike), Protection (tread repairs, drains)
The Taylor Ridge Trail 074 is a popular mountain bike route in the northeast Kettle Range that offers a long ride the mountains, starting at the PNT. With your help we can restore this trail and make it more inviting to visitors!
Our project site has begun revegetating with grasses and wildflowers since the 2021 Bulldog Fire, and the time has come to rebuild damaged structures and tread.
Over the weekend, a PNTA Volunteer Work Party will hike up from the bottom Taylor Ridge Trail, and work the trail alongside Tom Creek and Bulldog Mountain. Drop-in volunteers are welcome to join us at weekday Drop-in Volunteer Events starting on Tuesday.
With volunteers’ help we can complete construction on a new puncheon bridge and a turnpike, then turn our attention to repairing the tread and preventing erosion.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your camp gear and daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding work-based learning experience on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: Aug 22nd
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s): Elizabeth
- Trip Time: Volunteers: 2–8 hrs daily, + drive time
- Note: Crew leaders will likely work a full day, but volunteer crew members are always welcome to participate at their own pace for as long as they like.
- Hike Distance: up to 6–8 miles round trip at maximum range
- Spots Available: 4 volunteers daily
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by Tues Aug 29th
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Three Rivers District
- Rendezvous Location: Varies by day
- Tue Sep 5th, 9:30 a.m. in Kettle Falls, WA
- Wed–Mon: Taylor Ridge TR 074, Tom Creek TH
- Staging Area: S Fk Boulder Creek
- Camping: Multi-day participants are invited to disperse camp with PNTA crew leaders in the backcountry near the trailhead
- Directions: See Location for directions
Register for this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.
Log in if you already have an account with us.
All Events at Taylor Ridge TR 074 — Tom Creek, eastern terminus
- Taylor Ridge TR 074 — Crossing Structures - 08/15/2023 - 08/22/2023 - All Day
- Taylor Ridge TR 074 — Restoration - 09/05/2023 - 09/12/2023 - All Day
- Taylor Ridge TR 074 — Crossing Structures & Restoration - 09/09/2023 - 09/10/2023 - All Day