Date(s): 08/04/2022 - 08/07/2022
Total: 24 / Remaining: 23
Download Event iCal
- Region: Northeast Washington, The Okanogan
- Experience: No Experience Needed
- Ages: adults; 16–17 with guardian consent; 10–15 accompanied by guardian
- Difficulty: Intermediate to Difficult (due to hike length)
- Hike Length: 3–6 miles to over 6 miles
- Trip Type: Drop-in Work Party
- Trip Duration: Day Trip Day Trip(s), Multi-day
- Project Type: Log Out, Brush Out, Tread Work, Construction, Conservation, Protection (tread repairs, drains, structures)
On this trip, three parties will tend the full length of this nearly 17-mile stretch of the PNT.
Help clear a path through the PNT by taking turns at the end of a crosscut saw, and serving as a “swamper” who follows behind the sawyers to roll log rounds and toss branches off the trail. Use loppers or handsaws to trim back brush and saplings growing in the corridor, and dirt work tools to repair the tread and clear drains along the way. The East Party may also begin construction of a turnpike to cross a wet area.
No trail crew experience necessary: the PNTA provides tools, personal protective equipment, and training. Just bring yourself, your daypack, and a thirst for a rewarding day on the trail!
See Resources (below) for Frequently Asked Questions and packing recommendations.
- PNTA Last Worked Here: 2021
- Project Leader: Kristin Ackerman
- Trail Crew Leader(s):
- Trip Time: up to 6+ hrs daily, + drive time
- Hike Distance: up to 4–6 miles round trip at maximum ranges
- Spots Available: 6 daily, on three crews
- Meals: Included for multi-day participants who register & enroll by 12:00, Friday, July 29
- Cost: Free
Other Location Info
- Land Manager: Colville National Forest — Republic Ranger District
- Rendezvous Location: Varies by day and crew
- Staging Area: NA
- Camping: Multi-day participants may disperse camp with the PNTA crews, a short drive (approx. 10 mi | 30 min) from trailheads.
- Directions: See Location for directions. Note: Trailhead access will vary by day and crew.
About Drop-in Work Parties
Meals are available for multi-day participants who register early enough for us to include them in meal plans. (See Meals deadline in Project Details, above.)
Want to dig deeper and play longer? The Performance Crew works at this location for a full week. Reach out to the Project Leader (email@example.com) if you’d like to participate on a day that’s not listed in the registry.
RSVP to this Party
Note: If you’ve already booked a spot on this trip and you’d like to book additional spots for other members of your group, or view the booking options again, then log out of your pnt.org account (if applicable) and reload this page.