We’re partnering with ALDHA West, the American Long Distance Hiking Association to bring you our first-ever Ruck in Bellingham, WA!
ALDHA’s Ruck events provide a great opportunity to get expert advice from the long-distance hiking community and to prepare for a long-distance backpacking trip on the Pacific Northwest Trail. Join us for a fun day learning about all things long-distance hiking! Breakfast and lunch will be included. Please RSVP for this all-day event.
This year’s topics will include:
- Gear panel discussion – From “cut the handle off your toothbrush” to “everything but the kitchen sink”, several experienced hikers will show what works for them.
- Trail food and resupply overview plus a panel discussion – Get ideas and learn different ways to eat on trail.
- Things that can end your hike – Expectation management, injury prevention.
- Leave No Trace and Trail Town Etiquette
- Pack shakedowns – Go through your gear with an experienced hiker for ideas to lighten your load. (Bring your full backpack if you’d like to participate!)
- Learn from PNT thru-hikers how to tackle America’s wildest National Scenic Trail safely and responsibly
- Breakout discussion groups focused on a variety of long trails across the west, including the: PNT, PCT, CDT, Oregon Desert Trail, and more
- Win awesome outdoor gear from our event sponsors in our gear raffle