Sullivan-Salmo FR 2220-00
Metaline Falls, WA
Gypsy Meadows Campground
A convenient pit stop or staging area for trail crews heading up to the PNT / Shedroof Divide TR 512, in the Salmo-Priest Wilderness. Trailheads within walking distance from the campground include Shedroof Cutoff TR 511 (PNT designated route) and Thunder Creek TR 526 (access to PNT alternate route).
Further up the road you can access the Shedroof via Salmo Basin TR 506 and Salmo-Divide TR 535.
Campground features a vault toilet; there is NO plumbed water, but you can draw and filter water from Sullivan Creek.
- From Sullivan Lake Ranger Station, continue north on Sullivan Lake Rd.
- In approx. half a mile, turn right on Sullivan Creek FR 2200-000.
- In approx. 5.3 miles you’ll reach a fork: turn left to continue up Sullivan-Salmo FR 2220-000.
- In approx. 6.7 miles, Gypsy Meadows Campground will be on your left; Thunder Creek Trailhead on your right.
Parallel parking is available along the road and more space can be found just beyond the trailhead at the end of the road.
Hiking, Backpacking, and Horseback Riding and Camping
No fees or passes are required to park at the Thundercreek Trailhead
- Thunder Creek and Shedroof Divide - 07/21/2022 - 07/24/2022 - All Day