Lambert TR 047 provides relatively easy (1.7 mi) access to the PNT on the Kettle Crest; the trailhead is located approximately 20 miles from Republic, WA.
- From Republic, follow Highway 20/21 east/north
- At the hamlet of Pine Grove, turn left on Highway 21, heading towards Curlew and Malo
- After approximately 9 miles, shorty after you pass Curlew Lake, turn right on Lambert Creek Rd
- Stay on Lamber Creek for 7–8 miles; Lambert Creek Rd becomes FR 2156-000
- About a mile up the hill from Lambert Horse Camp and Old Stage West Trail, turn left on the fork to FR 2156-300
- After climbing FR 2156-300 for about 2.5 miles, the trailhead will be on your left
High-clearance vehicle recommended
The trailhead has a modest amount of undeveloped parking space.
NO toilet, NO water, NO fire rings
Hiking, Backpacking, Bicycling and Horseback Riding
No day use fee or pass is required at this site